• HDMI 1.3c
- No difference in features, performance or function over HDMI 1.3a, but rather testing for products based on active HDMI cables.
Abstract: HDMI 1.3c does not add features or performance to HDMI 1.3a. HDMI 1.3c simply adds parameters for testing products based on active HDMI cables.
• HDMI 1.4
- Ethernet over HDMI: Adds support for ethernet over HDMI for connected devices.
- Audio Return Channel: Allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data "upstream" to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- 3D Support: Defines input/output protocols for major 3D video formats, paving the way for true 3D gaming and 3D home theater applications.
- Support for 4K x 2K resolution (3840 x 2160) at 24Hz, 25Hz, and 30Hz and 4096 x 2160 at 24Hz
- Real-time signaling of content types between display and source devices enables a TV to optimize picture settings based on content type.
- Additional Color Spaces – Adds support for sYCC601, AdobeRGB, and AdobeYCC601, which are used in digital photography and computer graphics.
- HDMI Micro Connector – A new, smaller connector for phones and other portable devices, supporting video resolutions up to 1080p.
- Automotive Connection System – New cables and connectors for automotive video systems, designed to meet the unique demands of the motoring environment
Abstract: A major update that brings support for 3D, Ethernet network, bi-directional audio communications, and increased support of digital photography and digital computer color space standards.
• HDMI 2.0
- Increases bandwidth to 18Gbps
- Resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), (4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution)
- Up to 32 audio channels.
- Up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency
- Simultaneous delivery of dual video streams to multiple users on the same screen.
- Simultaneous delivery of multi-stream audio to multiple users (Up to 4)
- Support for the wide angle theatrical 21:9 video aspect ratio
- Dynamic synchronization of video and audio streams
- Updated CEC extensions for more expanded command and control of consumer electronics devices through a single control point
- Support for 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- Support for 25 fps 3D formats
- Backward compatible with high speed (category 2) HDMI cables
Abstract: This is a major update that increases bandwidth to 18Gbps and includes support for 4k video—including dual video to the same display to multiple users. Audio is increased from 8 to 32 channels including simultaneous delivery of multichannel audio to a maximum of four users. Audio sample frequency is increased to 1536kHz
M E R R E X K A B L E C O . , L T D .